SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION
Welcome to Web-Based Physiotherapy!
If you have visual problems, you need to make sure you are able to read all the text in each page.
If you can’t read the text, you should zoom in on a webpage to help you read it.
Here are some tips on how to do this:
To zoom in on web pages, click (Command) – (+) multiple times to continue zooming in (Mac users) and click (Ctrl) – (+) multiple times to continue zooming in (Windows users).
If you have any problems with your programme you should contact your physiotherapist.
WHILE DOING THE EXERCISES PROGRAMME, AS ADVISED BY YOUR PHYSIOTHERAPIST, IT IS IMPORTANT TO:
- Ensure you are safe while you are exercising. Do the exercises as instructed. Have a chair or something steady to keep your balance if required.
- Pace yourself. Have short breaks between exercises, or spread your exercise programme out throughout the day.
- Complete your exercise diary each day and remember to leave comments for your physiotherapist.
- If you have any queries or problems while following your web-based exercise programme please contact your physiotherapist.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF WEB-BASED PHYSIO?
We hope that you enjoy using web-based physio. We would like to help you get the most out of web-based physio and to benefit from using the system. Below is some advice!
- Make sure you use a password that you will easily remember.
- If you have any problems using the website ask a member of the family to help or contact your physiotherapist.
- Follow the exercises that you have been given, discuss any issues or problems with your physiotherapist.
- Complete your exercises as instructed.
- Get into a routine with your exercise programme. Regularly completing your exercises is the best way to reach the goals you discussed with your physiotherapist.
- Contact your physiotherapist if you want a change made to your exercise programme. You might want your exercises to be harder, easier or simply want a change.
- Don’t complete your programme when you feel unwell. Seek advice from your physiotherapist or staff in the hospital.
- You can contact the research team at any time about the project by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (0141 330 3568).
Do not forget to complete your exercise diary each time you complete your exercises and remember to leave comments for your physiotherapist! This gives us feedback as to how you are getting on and if we need to change your programme. If you don’t tell us how you are doing, we won’t know!